Saturday, February 25, 2006

Back to the BEACH!!! (finally)





We had an entire week of bad surf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slop and Chop to Bath tub ripple. Everyone started to get wierd: strange comments, twitching, bouncing around waving their arm in the air.

It's the stragest thing, being in the water for an hour or two really mellows me out :) Don't know why, but it meets me on a deeply Spiritual level. I am just a plethora of Praise to God, while I, a tiny drop of flesh in a giant ocean of life, float there, taking it in and playing (with purpose, it's really good exercise). Oh, and really wondering when JAWS is going to eat my legs off!


This is the first wave that Christian has ever Really caught and ridden, on the face of the wave! We have spent the last 6 months in the soup, which is great for learning, but isn't the end goal. Check out Calvin's carpet board.



Connor is ridding out backwards (something he learned from Endless Summer II, when Wingnut portrays his funloving attitude.

I am beached (for the moment), the waves are so small it would take a 10' board to hold me up.

Look at this GUY! Cameron stands up and rides this boogey board like a surfboard!!

Connor is ALWAYS Stoked.

Connor on the softop, He could paddle this board to the Islands (if they weren't 13 miles out to sea)

This Poor guy ended up in a crabbie patty!

I believe this is a California Sting Ray or Round Sting Ray.
They really do sting.

As you can see the wierd behavior has only transfered to the Sea: Matt making pellican motions, attempting to make contact. The pellicans kept diving closeby and eyeballing us! I guess we were swimming with the fishes.

No comments: