Sunday, July 20, 2008

I cant Drive.....

You might think that in a place like Cal. people would want to be revolutionary. You might think this was a tangible practice among the people here. With all the media that stems from this place touting: Forward Thinking, CHANGE and ORGANIC or the 'neo-hippie-haven' identity that we want everyone to believe in; you might just want to believe that California is the genesis of that romance that the politicians and the eco-greenies are spreading.

The romance of change, of stuff we don't have now......the story of how we are changing the world and how we are going to make it an eden for our children and grand-children....how peace and organization and opportunities abound and how WE the California people are leading the revolution with our hemp shoes, solar and wind power, and "green" everything we own is green.

As much as I want to be the cynic, I heard something the other day that made me believe that cynisism is old and overdone (darn-it b/c thats my gift). Having obviously opened with the cynical tone above I will stop and instead let you draw your own conclusions...

I agree that cynisism never started a revolution; only action does that...

So, here is our family's action, and a call to those who might be in a similar position:

1. Ride bike to work (obviously depends on your proximity to)
2. Once a week long trip... (to banks, grocery, eating out etc...)
3. low viscocity oil... use common sense here folks (better in winter, wears out engine faster in summer)
4. Tire pressure
5. DRIVE 55... (despite our hero Sammy Hagar...who happens to live in Mexico and only drives
4-wheelers down the beach, naked nowadays)
6,7,8,9,10.... well? What have you got to add?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hey Matt, I love your signage! You should submit that to the state of California!!!

But be sure to copyright first!

Good stuff...your generation is prepared to change the world in its own way according to what it sees in their own time!

Good for you! We all wanted to do it in our time, too...some good, some not so good.

But it is good that you guys are making the effort!!! Love it! Love you...mom