This place is sick, but I don't think they let anyone actually use it anymore, that is a shame.
Hearst was an interesting guy but reads similar to every other power bloated savage that our society has birthed, athough he had an few redeeming qualities that he left behind (or maybe that was his wife that did that).
His Castle now remains as a testament to european art and what can be done if you have a ton of cash.
He had a private zoo here and some of the animals, including zebra and other exotic animals, who's ancestors still live on the grounds.
There used to be ashes in that thing but the maid thought it was dusty.
The zoo
Bathroom- this was before they had plaster board and panneling to cover up all that icky natural look.
That thing had tennis balls in it last time i checked
On this episode of ~
"MILLIONARE MAILMAN":
Dad looks like he lives there... 'hey no photos please'
Neptune Pool
'Yeah, I'm loving it'
I think touching the sign might be illegal in 2 states: cal and Mich.
Dads like 'hmm...how am I going to get all that swan poop out of there'

2 comments:
Wow, amazing. I still don't know what is more stunning though, the castle or the Cali background! They are defintely in a symbiotic relationship. P.s. I loved the "millionaire mailman" tag :)
Matt...I forget to check your site so did today, Finally!
Saw all the Hearst Castle pictures. It's good to see what's out there...what people spend their entire lives collecting and then at the end they leave it all.
Looks good from the outside, but not so good for the spirit inside!
Love mom
Post a Comment