


Please know what you believe
Read a good article.
We all felt the hope that "The Passion" would impact people into a relationship with Christ. What it did not do was spark a 3rd Great Awakening type of super revival. What a disappointment, but not altogether surprising.
The movie was a historical picture of what happened. But it never crossed into personal relationship, ie. what happened to YOU when You met Christ.
Well I can vouch that Christ turned my life around, completely. My life is not perfect, nor do I expect it to be, but its definitely better and filled with hope for a perfect future and the movement toward that future began the day I accepted Jesus as my Savior. Everything I have ever wanted (and didn't know I wanted) has come to pass and there is eternally more coming as I find that all I really wanted was what God has to offer through Jesus.
So the take away phrase has been used in Napolean Dynamite:
Believe in Jesus and "all your wildest dreams with come true" (even though your dreams will change, and His wild is wilder than your wildest. :)
So when Da Vinci Code comes out and soldifies many people's unbelief, be prepared. Who can refute the fact that your life has changed? That there is proven power that lines up directly, with the Bible? Who can negate true and relentless LOVE?
Please know what you believe. And don't judge those who don't hold to your beliefs...love them and someday your beliefs may become thiers.
I Corinthians 3:9-13:
9I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;
10I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.
11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one.
12For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?
13But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

1 comment:
that little exerpt from paul kind of troubles me...and maybe i need to read around that part or understand who exactly he's talking to, but, how/why do we remove that person from among "us"? what delineates "them" from "us" when we are all really one of them, too? i idolize & covet things, i would say its a safe judgement to say im immoral. so who says "leave!", and why shut them out?
what do you guys think, matt & steph?
Post a Comment